Frogs Birds and Towers

How in the world is it April already??  Getting back into a study mood I dug out a few specific animals from my big book.  I basically wanted to play with a more subtle exaggeration of their features, namely searching for a better understanding.  So here have some parrots and an assortment of frogs!  If only I didn't enjoy detail I could have drawing 3 pages of birds..




I've also done a handful of fairly quick tower sketches.  Many were lifted from my previous posts page, exploring the shapes a bit further.  Now its time to figure out who lives in each, and adjust the design accordingly.



Which might you say are most interesting, and who/what lives there?  

Comments

  1. hey man, thos animal drawings are looking good. as far as the towers go. They are not reading as towers to me. they mostly look like rock and earth formations except for the first one. unless that is your intent i would add in some more architectural cues. like pillars, windows,doors. But that crit is based on if you mean them to be a tower. maybe you mean for the to be natural rock formations but if people live in them they may need some of that. or ways to defend themselves from attack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pal! Well I'm thinking they all started from natural elements like giant shells or rock, and some (such as the first) could have clear man made elements.

    The most I did to communicate that would be apparent symmetry in the first one or hinting at windows - so I hope all that intent gets put into the next level of the design.

    I think I'm most motivated about the 3rd one, perhaps a creepy nesting ground for harpies with some plans and aqueduct system.

    Thanks for the thoughts Tyler.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment